[cygwin] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Country Of Origin Verification - 8944

Jason Pyeron jpyeron@pdinc.us
Thu Jun 18 03:17:53 GMT 2020

The US Government has many regulations. One of them is that the software used must be accessible. It is not about the Cygwin.com website. I have helped a few open source projects by writing a VPAT for them (https://www.section508.gov/sell/vpat).

> Volunteers may respond to feedback, but have little time for niceties, and no
> time for bureaucracy.

Well, that’s why there are more than one type of volunteer. I personally believe it is better to use Cygwin over other closed source or fragmented tool set alternatives.

-Jason