Listing only manually installed package

Fri Jun 26 18:37:42 GMT 2020

On 2020-06-26 12:04, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:15:21 +0300, Andrey Repin wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 11:20:26 -0600 Brian Inglis wrote:
>> $ grep '\s1$' /etc/setup/installed.db	# manual
>> $ grep '\s0$' /etc/setup/installed.db	# auto
>>
>> $ awk '1 == $3' /etc/setup/installed.db	# manual
>> $ awk '0 == $3' /etc/setup/installed.db	# auto
>>
>> I can't remember what the pristine state of the Base category packages are,
>> I've messed around with the setup files so much for so long.

> I checked /etc/setup/installed.db on my 32bit and 64bit console but in
> each case all lines end with "0". Therefore,

>> AFAIK, there's no way to tell if a package was manually selected or not.
>> Cygwin's setup just don't store this information.

> As you say, unfortunately there seems to be no way to tell if a
> package was installed manually or automatically.

I have 1522 packages installed: 421 manually installed packages and 1101
automatically installed.

It appears you have 0 manually installed packages in the Cygwin installation you
are looking at, if you used a Cygwin setup-compatible installer, ran exactly the
commands quoted above, and they gave you consistent answers.

It is possible setup has been changed incompatibly and no longer maintains that
field correctly, but in case not, *NEVER* run setup and tell it to remove
obsolete packages: it will remove all non-Base packages that do not have others
which depend on them!

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]