Long lines output by a native process in the PTY have new lines at the wrap point in the terminal

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Mon Jun 29 14:02:22 GMT 2020

Am 29.06.2020 um 15:52 schrieb Andrew Ng via Cygwin:
> Hi,
>
> If you run a native process in bash using mintty that outputs lines
> longer than the width of the terminal, these lines become "split" with
> a new line at the wrap point. This can make copying the output
> somewhat tricky, especially if the output is a command line you want
> to copy, paste and run.
>
> Can be reproduced using GnuWin32 'echo' or a native version of Python
> using print.
This has been discussed as a mintty issue
https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/971
It's actually a Windows ConPTY handling issue and reportedly they have a
fix already in their queue, to appear in some future Windows build...
Thomas