date command hangs sometimes (coreutils 8.26-2) on cygwin 3.1.4 x86-64

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Jun 29 20:44:19 GMT 2020

On 6/29/2020 3:41 PM, Gruff Hacker wrote:
> On Thu Jun 25 11:50:15 GMT 2020, Ken Brown wrote:
>

>> Can you show us a gdb backtrace of all threads when this happens?  You'll need
>> to install gdb and coreutils-debuginfo.  When date hangs, attach gdb by giving
>> the command
>>
>>     gdb -p <PID>
>>
>> where <PID> is the pid of the hanging date process.  At the gdb prompt, type
>> 'thread apply all bt' and send the output here.
>
> Thanks Ken.  The gdb output is below.  I did get a symbol mismatch warning so maybe it's not as useful as it could be.  I guess I need to do an update.

Yes, please do a complete update of all your Cygwin packages.

> warning: the debug information found in "/usr/lib/debug//usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg" does not match "/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll" (CRC mismatch).

This probably means that the version of the cygwin package you have installed
isn't the same as the version of the cygwin-debuginfo package.  As a result, I
don't think we can do anything with your backtrace.

Ken