cat /proc/partitions shows only devices, not partitions

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Mon Mar 9 03:11:20 GMT 2020

Greetings, Hashim Aziz!

Please no top posting on the list.

> An update to this, I resorted to nuking and then re-installing Cygwin from
> scratch, and the problem STILL persists. This seems to suggest that
> something is wrong with Windows itself that is responsible for Cygwin no
> longer being able to see the the drive letters that partitions are mounted
> at, but what that something could be I have no idea anymore.

Look at the list of your installed software and ask yourself, which of them
could impose additional restrictions on low-level API's?

Various would-be-"antiviruses", "antihacking" and "firewall" applications are
ready candidates for investigation.

P.S.
If you have an hour to spare, you could try installing your OS in a VM and
check in there.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin