cat /proc/partitions shows only devices, not partitions

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Mon Mar 9 15:59:02 GMT 2020

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 9:47 AM Hashim Aziz wrote:

> I see. Do you know how I would go about resolving this, as I am using an Administrator account and have never run into any other issues reading, writing or otherwise making changes to those drives.

As a side point: It is important to understand that "logging on using
an account that's a member of the Administrators group" is not the
same as "running elevated" when UAC (User Account Control) is enabled.
(It is not recommended to disable UAC.)

If you don't launch your Cygwin shell using the "Run as administrator"
option, the Administrator group is not enabled in the process token,
and thus actually does not have administrator permissions. (Using the
"Run as administrator" option is often referred to as "running
elevated.")

Bill