I can no longer access newlib-cygwin.git via http.

Thu Mar 12 13:01:50 GMT 2020

On Mar 12 21:29, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:51:06 +0100
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Is there any possibility that http access will be restored?
> >
> > I don't think so, http is a no-no these days.  Just change over
> > to https, you can easily fix that in .git/config.
>
> https access also fails.
> git clone https://cygwin.com/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> Cloning into 'newlib-cygwin'...
> fatal: repository 'https://cygwin.com/git/newlib-cygwin.git/' not found
>
> Is there any mistake?

I just asked overseers and it seems http access is work-in-progress
after the switch to the new sourceware server.  Only git:// or ssh:
access work for now.

However, we have a github mirror set up, so you can also just use
that for now:

  https://github.com/cygwin/cygwin

HTH,
Corinna