After cygwin upgrade, Emacs shell buffers with colors are corrupted

David Karr davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:17:54 GMT 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:38 AM Ken Brown via Cygwin <> wrote:

> On 3/18/2020 11:22 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> > Greetings, David Karr!
> >
> >> Thanks, that worked.  For now, I guess I have to figure out how to set
> that
> >> property permanently, or until this pty bug is fixed.. I start Emacs
> from a
> >> shortcut, executing "emacs.xml".  I see the file appears to have some
> >> syntax for setting the environment, but I've never inspected that file
> >> before.
> >
> > You set it in Windows.
>
> Not necessarily.  He might just want to set it for emacs.  Editing
> emacs.xml is
> a fine way to do it.

I have no idea whether I would want to do it only for Emacs, as I don't
know what the issue is.

However, if I wanted to, could you point me to the documentation for
changing that file?  The README doesn't say anything about this.