After cygwin upgrade, Emacs shell buffers with colors are corrupted

David Karr davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:50:36 GMT 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 2:17 PM David Karr <> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:38 AM Ken Brown via Cygwin <> wrote:
>
>> On 3/18/2020 11:22 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> > Greetings, David Karr!

>> that
>> from a
>> >
>> > You set it in Windows.
>>
>> Not necessarily.  He might just want to set it for emacs.  Editing
>> emacs.xml is
>> a fine way to do it.
>>

> I have no idea whether I would want to do it only for Emacs, as I don't
> know what the issue is.
>
> However, if I wanted to, could you point me to the documentation for
> changing that file?  The README doesn't say anything about this.

Just so it's clear, Ken Brown directly sent me some information of what he
knew about the emacs.xml documentation, but it didn't appear to work.

I've verified that setting the CYGWIN variable globally to "disable_pcon"
has resolved the problem.