flexdll error: cannot relocate RELOC_REL32

Mon Mar 2 16:45:00 GMT 2020

On 2020-03-02 05:57, Cao Qinxiang wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 3:58 PM Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2020-03-01 11:35, Cao Qinxiang wrote:
>>> I use Cygwin-64 on windows and get a fork problem when I try to manually
>>> install menhir package.>> 0 [main] ocamlrun 1615 child_info_fork::abort:
>>> address space needed by 'dllunix.so' (0x400000) is already occupied
>>> /usr/bin/ocamldep.opt -modules menhir.ml <http://menhir.ml> > menhir.ml.depends
>>> 0 [main] ocamlrun 1616 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
>>> 'dllunix.so' (0x400000) is already occupied
>>> /cygdrive/g/Cygwin/menhir-20190924/src/_stage1/myocamlbuild: "fork"
>>> failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
>>> I follow online suggestion to run "/usr/bin/rebaseall -v" using ash.exe.
>>> However, I get another program after that:
>>> Fatal error: cannot load shared library dllunix
>>> Reason: flexdll error: cannot relocate RELOC_REL32, target is too far:
>>> 0xfffffffc02088b5f  0x2088b5f
>>> I searched solutions for this new problem. Most solutions are to manually
>>> rebase dllunix to a lower number like 0x06440000. However, I cannot do
>>> that. Here is what I get in Cygwin:
>>> $ rebase -b 0x06440000 /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
>>> rebase: Invalid Baseaddress 0x06440000, must be > 0x200000000
>>> So, what should I do to this problem?
>>> Also, if I did not use "/usr/bin/rebaseall -v" using ash.exe, but follow
>>> FAQ's suggestion (run "rebase-trigger fullrebase" in Cygwin), then I
>>> cannot solve the fork problem and still get
>>> 0 [main] ocamlrun 1615 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
>>> 'dllunix.so' (0x400000) is already occupied
>>> /usr/bin/ocamldep.opt -modules menhir.ml <http://menhir.ml> > menhir.ml.depends
>>> 0 [main] ocamlrun 1616 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
>>> 'dllunix.so' (0x400000) is already occupied
>>> /cygdrive/g/Cygwin/menhir-20190924/src/_stage1/myocamlbuild: "fork"
>>> failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
>> Run rebase-trigger full then shut down *ALL* Cygwin processes: check Task
>> Manager Details tab Image path name column for process paths under Cygwin
>> root and kill.
>> If rebase-trigger full fails, create /var/cache/rebase/fullrebase.
>> Then download and run Cygwin setup and let all the postinstall scripts
>> complete.

> Thank you for you reply.
> But it does not solve my problem. When I run "rebase-trigger full", I get the
> following message:
> Note: _autorebase will do a full rebase the next time setup is run.
> If I check /var/cache/rebase/fullrebase at this time, it contains the follow
> information:
> # _autorebase will do a rebuild of the rebase database if this file
> # exists and then rename it to fullrebase.done
> Then I closed Cygwin and checked Task Manager Details (found no exe in
> cygwin folder). Then I run Cygwin setup. But after I rerun Cygwin again, I
> get the same error message about dllunix.so. BTW, in
> /var/cache/rebase/rebase_all, I found nothing related to dllunix.so. Is a the
> [...]
Try what's documented in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/_autorebase.README for DLLs under
non-standard system paths:

create a file /var/lib/rebase/dynpath.d/ocaml containing your .so directory path
/usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/:

	$ echo /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/ > /var/lib/rebase/dynpath.d/ocaml

then rebase-trigger full, shutdown all Cygwin processes, rerun setup, and your
Cygwin setup should be properly rebased including your added DLLs/SOs.

If you were testing as a user, you should add your build paths to
/var/lib/rebase/user.d/$USER e.g.

	$ echo $HOME/src/build/lib/ocam/stublibs/ > /var/lib/rebase/user.d/$USER

and do the above to pick up the added paths and include them in the Cygwin
rebase database.