Setup: How to automate source download for packages already installed?

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Mon Mar 2 18:06:00 GMT 2020

I would like to reinstall a set of packages and automatically install the
source for only those packages.

The packages are currently installed, and I am using a Setup command line
like this:

<setup> -I -P "package1,package2,package3"

The description in --help for -I states "Automatically install source for
every package installed".

It would seem that, in this case, since the named packages are already
installed and up-to-date, the -I option does nothing.

Is my analysis correct?

If so, what is the way to automate source download for a set of packages
that are already installed?

Bill