Change in logical link behaviour

Tue Mar 3 16:32:00 GMT 2020

On Mar  3 15:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  3 15:19, Rainer Emrich wrote:
> > Am 03.03.2020 um 14:39 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > > Aha!  So powershell does not show the 'l'.
> > The most important thing is the difference between cygwin 3.0.7 and
> > cygwin 3.1.4. For cygwin 3.0.7 the link indicator is shown even in
> > powershell on Windows 7 but not with cygwin-3.1.4. And believe me, the
> > only difference is the cygwin version.
>
> I may believe you, but believe me that Cygwin has no influence on
> what powershell shows.  See the output of cmd /c dir /a.  The file
> is a native symlink.

...and for kicks I just tried this on W7 under Cygwin 3.0.7.  The output
is the same as I pasted in https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2020-03/msg00043.html

No 'l' mode flag, no 6th column in the mode output:

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
-a---        03.03.2020     16:47          0 bar

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer