Cygwin/X XWinrc menu no longer launches after recent updates

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
Wed Mar 4 08:59:00 GMT 2020

On 3/3/2020 7:59 AM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2020 12:40:17 +0000
> "Henry S. Thompson" wrote:
>> Takashi Yano writes:
>>> This bug was already fixed in current git head.
>>
>> Current git head for Cygwin?  Or mintty?
>
> I mean cygwin.
>
>> Because I have another box, and now see that the bug does _not_ occur
>> with Cygwin 3.1.4 and mintty 3.1.0 -- the above error labelled 3.1.4 is
>> with Cygwin 3.1.4 _and_ mintty 3.1.4.
>
> In my environment, your problem does not occur even with cygwin
> 3.1.4 and mintty 3.1.4. So I am not sure what is the real cause.

Well, for me it *does* happen with cygwin 3.1.4 and mintty 3.1.4. I
tried rolling back just mintty to 3.1.0 and it still happened. Then I
rolled both of them back and it no longer happens, at least on one of my
systems where I am *not* running sshd. Now to go try the other one....

roland