Emacs gud not working on new installation

William M. (Mike) Miller william.m.miller@gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 14:27:00 GMT 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 5:40 AM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>
wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 10:39:11 -0500
> "William M. (Mike) Miller" wrote:

> > > computer,
> the new
> that
> > > is
> >
> >   [...snip...]
> >

> > > I don't know whether this is an emacs problem or a Cygwin problem.
> Here
> > > are two things you can try:
> > >
> > > 1. Roll back the cygwin package to 3.0.7 to see if that fixes the
> > > problem.  If so, the problem is likely related to the pty changes in
> > > cygwin-3.1.x.
> > >

> > This worked. Thanks for the tip!
>
> I guess starting emacs with:
> CYGWIN=disable_pcon emacs
> helps in cygwin 3.1.4.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind in case I update to a newer version of
Cygwin before this issue is addressed.

--
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
william.m.miller@gmail.com