flexdll error: cannot relocate RELOC_REL32

Cao Qinxiang caoqinxiang@gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:03:00 GMT 2020

Dear Achim and Brian,

Thank you very much for you suggestions. And as Achim guessed, I was trying
to build a ocaml based library: Menhir. Currently, my problem is still not
solved.

If I try:
-------
    echo /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/ > /var/lib/rebase/dynpath.d/ocaml
-------
and then rebase, I get the following error:
-------
  Fatal error: cannot load shared library dllunix
  Reason: flexdll error: cannot relocate RELOC_REL32, target is too far:
0xfffffffc02088b5f  0x2088b5f
-------

I also tried to check whether BLODA is involved. I use
-------
  export CYGWIN=detect_bloda
-------
But when I compile menhir, I get the same error message about fork() and
dllunix.so, but no bloda is detected. Also, if I try to search
"dllunix.so", I find the following instances:
-------
  /lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
  /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/HighCommitCondition/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/HighMemoryCondition/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/LowCommitCondition/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/LowMemoryCondition/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/MaximumCommitCondition/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/MemoryErrors/dllunix.so
  /proc/sys/KernelObjects/PhysicalMemoryChange/dllunix.so
--------
Is there a duplication there? I don't think I manually add any of these.

Best,

Qinxiang Cao
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, John Hopcroft Center
Room 1110-2, SJTUSE Building
800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai, China, 200240