Setup usage of sites requiring proxy credentials

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Mar 6 20:43:00 GMT 2020

On 06/03/2020 17:00, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:
> When I run setup, I get a prompt to enter my proxy credentials, which
> is pretty handy.  I have other tools that just uses the IE or Firefox
> proxy entries, but now, I am trying to figure out how cygwin setup
> creates that credential prompt to see if I am able to use it with
> another tool.  Anyway has any idea?  Thanks.

I think that dialog is presented when setup gets a
'HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required' response.

I think if you are using the 'Use System Proxy Settings' setting in
setup, and the system has the proxy credentials, you shouldn't need to
provide the credentials.