Sv: Named pipes and multiple writers

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 26 16:03:16 GMT 2020

On 3/26/2020 11:11 AM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:

> BTW, I've been working on adding support for multiple readers.  I
> expect to have a first cut ready within a week or two.  Would you have
> any use for that?  If so, I could revive the topic/fifo branch and
> push my patches there for you to test.

Ken, what are the semantics for multiple readers? Do all readers see the
same data,  or is it first come first served or something else?

Norton Allen (he/him/his)
Software Engineer
Harvard University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
12 Oxford St., Link Bldg. (Office 282)
Cambridge, MA  02138
Phone: (617) 998-5553