bison

tomrkramer@aol.com tomrkramer@aol.com
Mon Mar 30 19:04:35 GMT 2020

Hello Cygwin -

The version of bison available from cygwin is 3.0.4-1. It does not handle more than 65,536 states. I am working with a YACC file having over 69,000 states. The latest version of Bison is 3.5.3, which handles YACC files with many more than 69,000 states. I use an earlier 3.5.x version on my linux system at NIST and it handles my YACC file. I want to be able to use bison on cygwin on my home Windows computer to deal with this file.
Please update the version of bison on cygwin to 3.5.x (where x is 1, 2, or 3). Thank you.
Tom KramerTomRKramer@aol.com(at work kramer@nist.gov, but NIST is shut down and I do not have access to NIST email)