help compilation qemu

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun May 3 14:54:32 GMT 2020

On 5/3/2020 8:52 AM, Maarten Hoes via Cygwin wrote:
> Hrm.
>
> That's odd. I just installed MSYS2 and followed the instructions provided
> in the QEMU wiki for MSYS2, and all preparatory steps of running
> msys2/pacman/git/configure (only excluding the actual 'make' for
> compilation) work as expected. There must be a difference between our
> setups/steps/configurations if that doesn't work for you.

I can imagine issues with both MSYS and Cygwin installed, if the order
of things on paths is not right, e.g., getting the Cygwin version of
something when trying to run MSYS, or vice versa.

Maybe try to make sure, when building qemu under MSYS, that no Cygwin
things are in your path?

Best wishes -- Eliot