sshfs or alike

Fri May 8 17:17:54 GMT 2020

On 2020-05-08 08:29, Morten Kjærulff via Cygwin wrote:
>>> As I understand, you can get sshfs to work with cygwin, but you have
>>> to install some non-cygwin tools also.

>>> Can I get sshfs or something like that with only cygwin tools?

>> Adding to the already mentioned points, I should warn you that SSHFS is
>> EXTREMELY SLOW. By design.
>> Enumerating significant amount of files could take minutes. If you can use any
>> other tools (like, OpenVPN + CIFS), it will be hundred if not thousand times
>> faster.

> Would this be cygwin only?
> My server is a z/OS mainframe, where we just installed sshd. Anyone
> have good tips?

Searching only brought up mainly dead links, but visible content suggests
looking into:

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNIX_System_Services

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS_(z/OS_file_system)

	https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.bpxa500/tsoomvs.htm

and you may be able to find some more info or help under:

	https://serverfault.com/questions/tagged/mainframe

[I miss Fujitsu/Sun/Sparc and IBM MF class enterprise servers with dozens of
processors, each with many GB of memory, and rooms of cached arrays, when work
like RARing a multi-GB DB dump over the network took only a second, although it
could take hours to *FTP* to vendor sites.]

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]