Groups command failing me in Windows 10

David cupcake@sdf.org
Tue May 12 19:45:42 GMT 2020

Hello,

The groups command in the cmd window on Windows 10 shows None as my first group.
When I use the dir command to create a file, the security display shows no error.
When I use the touch command to create a file, I get "The permissions on ... are incorrectly ordered [NULL if first]
I bought two refurbished Windows 10 machines and this is the same on both.
I am on local machines with no outside domain connection.
In the fewest steps, how do I assign this user to a group?
What group should I assign the user to - so that when I create a file the group is set.
Can I do that with net localgroup newgroup Admin /Add
I have been working on this for a couple of weeks and cannot figure it out by myself
and I can't find a wonder answer on google. I am going to take a chance that my
email will be spammed because I really would like to know the answer to this.

This is influenced in a number of ways.
Let compare:
	C:\Users\Admin: groups
	C:\Users\Admin: None docker-users Performance Log Users Users INTERACTIVE CONSOLE LOGON Authenticated Users ...
	C:\Users\Admin: dir > admin.dir.out
        C:\Users\Admin: ls -ls admin.dir.out
	C:\Users\Admin: 8 -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 Admin None 6127 May 12 15:05 admin..dir.out
        C: explorer: No error when Security is clicked
	C:\Users\Admin: touch admin.touch.out
        C:\Users\Admin: ls -ls admin.touch.out
	C:\Users\Admin: 0 -rw-r--r--+ 1 Admin None 0 May 12 15:05 admin.touch.out
        C: explorer: The permissions on ... are incorrectly ordered [NULL is first]

        C:\Users\Admin: run as admministrator

	C:\Users\Admin: groups
	C:\Users\Admin: None Local account and member of Administrators group docker-users Administrators Performance Log Users INT...
        C:\Users\Admin: dir > administrator.dir.out
        C:\Users\Admin: ls -ls administrator.dir.out
	C:\Users\Admin: 8 -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 Administrators None 6245 May 12 15:05 administrator.dir.out
        C: explorer: No error when Security is clicked
        C:\Users\Admin: touch administrator.touch.out
        C:\Users\Admin: ls -ls administrator.touch.out
	C:\Users\Admin: 0 -rw-r--r--+ 1 Admin None 0 May 12 15:05 administrator.touch.out
        C: explorer: The permissions on ... are incorrectly ordered [NULL is first]

David