patch command incorrectly capitalizes filenames that live on external USB flash drives

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu May 14 16:30:27 GMT 2020

Jason Gross via Cygwin writes:
> Also btw, the bug I reported to patch is at
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-patch/2020-05/msg00000.html .
> It's not clear to me if this is a cygwin issue or a patch issue.

FWIW, I've just dug out a FAT formatted USB stick and I can't reproduce
your issue.  Again, you may not be using Cygwin's patch at all or have
some other things in the environment that need to compound to produce
this result.

Regards,
Achim.