Update of packages by non-maintainer

Wed May 20 14:32:59 GMT 2020

On 2020-05-20 04:18, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
> I would like to update some packages but I'm not maintainer of
> them. Then what is proper way to update them? Is it OK to create
> updated packages by myself and submit them? Or should I request to
> maintainers and wait until they take action?

You should discuss changes and intent on cygwin list, post patches on
cygwin-apps list.

You could also contact the upstream package maintainer, and skip Cygwin,
depending on the upstream package maintainer.

You can also just download the source packages, build with cygport, change,
create patches, rebuild, and keep track of your changes.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]