XWindows curiosity with two cygwin instances

Jim Garrison jhg@jhmg.net
Fri May 22 04:11:03 GMT 2020

On 5/21/2020 5:28 PM, Jim Garrison via Cygwin wrote:
> I have my normal Cygwin+Cygwin/X instance at c:\cygwin64.  I've
> temporarily set up another instance (no X) at u:\cygwin64.  I notice
> that if I start up the X server on the first instance, X programs
> started under the second instance cannot connect to the XServer.
> They always get, for example:
>
> jim@HOME10 ~
> $ xclock
> Error: Can't open display: :0

I figured out how to add the -listen tcp option in xlaunch, and was
able to connect over TCP between Cygwin instances.  So I assume the
earlier problem had to do with emulation of unix sockets between
two instances of cygwin.dll.

--
Jim Garrison jhg@acm.org