Current setup timestamp 1590343308

Fergus Daly fergusd84@outlook.com
Mon May 25 12:26:41 GMT 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: marco atzeri [mailto:marco.atzeri@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 May 2020 13:13
To: Fergus Daly
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Current setup timestamp 1590343308

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 2:08 PM Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:

> Current setup timestamp 1590343308
> does not seem to overwrite /etc/setup/timestamp accurately (or at all).
> I think /etc/setup/installed.db is seen to as it should be.
> Fergus
> --

What exactly is your problem ?
Be verbose we can NOT guess your thoughts.

Unix time: seconds since Jan 01 1970. (UTC)
https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php

Sorry for lack of clarity.
Cygwin32.
Current installed timestamp 1590341902 (got from /etc/setup/timestamp).
I noticed there's a newer setup.ini with timestamp 1590343308.
So I ran setup-x86.exe.
After a (presumed) successful run I noticed however, that the file /etc/setup/timestamp had not altered.
"Presumed successful run" because the file /etc/setup/installed.db had a new, current, timestamp.
Fergus
(I deleted /etc/setup/timestamp and re-running setup-x86.exe to see whether any self-correcting behaviour would ensue. The file was not recovered.)