Cygwin issue

Pms, Balamurugan (GE Digital, consultant) balamurugan.pms@ge.com
Thu May 28 11:52:38 GMT 2020

Hi Team,

We have used Cygwin 1.7 version for sftp connection and configured for 3 interfaces and connected through Pub keys in production server .This setup is done by 2014.

Now we are working on interface migrations and installed 3.1.4 (32bit and 64 bit) also , but both time interface team not able to connect without password. everytime it has asked the password., even though we have placed the pub keys.

We have created .ssh folder in Cygwin root folder and inside .ssh , created authorized keys and provided permission (.ssh - 700, authorized keys 640) also but it did not help.we have used windows 2016 64 bit server

Currently we have faced two issue.

1.One interface team not able to connect through pub keys asked for password
2. Another interface team faced permission denied error

debug1: cipher_init: aes128-ctr from source CPACF, used in non-FIPS mode

debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interacti

debug1: Offering RSA public key: /export/home/CA7/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interacti

debug1: No more authentication methods to try.

FOTS1373 Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Ý92.349¨ Connection closed

Can you please help for this.

Thanks,
Bala