Issue with lyx and recent dll

Enrico Forestieri forenr@lyx.org
Thu May 28 18:12:45 GMT 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 07:35:12PM +0200, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 28.05.2020 12:50, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when activating instant preview in Tools>Preferences>Display, one can
> > preview a latex snippet in the lyx work area by inserting it in a
> > preview inset (Insert>Preview).
> >
> > However, since version 3.1.0 it does not work anymore, in the sense
> > that the preview is not generated. As this feature is working correctly
> > on all other platforms, investigating a bit evidenced that downgrading
> > the dll to version 3.0.7 solves the issue.
> >
> > I am attaching an example document demonstrating the issue. The latex
> > source used for instant preview is generated in the lyx temporary
> > directory (/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.XXXXXXXXXXXX/) but latex is never run on it
> > to generate the images. As lyx launches latex in a forked process, this
> > has to be a fork problem, but no error is issued. The forked process
> > seems to never run, simply.
> >

> Testing on 2.3.4.2-2, it seems that the file is processed:
>
> from lyxpreviewE14071.log
>
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.21 (TeX Live 2020/Cygwin)
> (preloaded
>  format=latex 2020.4.22)  28 MAY 2020 19:21

> ! LaTeX Error: File `qtree.sty' not found.
>

> the file seems in texlive-collection-humanities

Thanks for checking. This is weird. I tried it on 2 different computers
and it is not processed. I see the lyxpreview*.tex but no lyxpreview*.log.
After closing the document I see on the terminal the message
"ForkedProcess::kill(0)", meaning that lyx thinks the preview process is
still running and tries to kill it.

--
Enrico