Repeated input in PTY with SSH when a native process runs a Cygwin process that consumes input

Andrew Ng anng.sw@gmail.com
Sun May 31 12:00:51 GMT 2020

Hi Takashi,

> The developers snapshot, in which the issue has been fixed,
> is ready. Could you please test?

Thanks for the fast response.

I have tested the snapshot and can confirm that it fixes the issue. I
have also applied the same fix to MSYS2 and confirmed the issue is
fixed there too.

I did take a look at the code when I came across this issue and I
noticed a few things that looked a bit odd. I noticed that the
following functions appear to make use of rabuf () without
consideration for raixget ():

  fhandler_termios::eat_readahead
  fhandler_pty_master::accept_input
  fhandler_pty_master::transfer_input_to_pcon

Also fhandler_pty_slave::eat_readahead does 'eols' processing without
any guard on is_line_input (), which seems to differ from the code
pattern seen elsewhere.

I don't know if these are important, but thought I should mention
them, just in case.

Thanks,
Andrew