Reg facing Cygwin Issue while downloading the code.

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Wed Nov 4 19:47:26 GMT 2020

Am 04.11.2020 um 10:36 schrieb Ponnusamy, Sathiyamoorthy (Extranet) via
Cygwin:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am facing Cygwin issue while downloading the code.

I don't think you do.  Cygwin has very little, if anything, to do with
this issue.

> I need this Cygwin tool urgently for the current project release. Kindly suggest me.

You're being less than completely clear. What "this Cygwin tool" is that?

> UX012677@s2bvdiw10dv0292 /cygdrive/c/api/dev/dev_2015/build_rcdev
> $ cmake -DRCDEV_ROOT_SOURCE_NAME=rfasl -DRCDEV_ROOT_SOURCE_REPO_ID=RFACPP_INTG -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" ../rcdev

I know of no sane reason to use the Cygwin version of cmake to configure
a native VisualStudio build of your project.  Surely the Windows native
version of cmake would be the better choice in that case.

[...]
>    CMake Warning (dev) at C:/api/dev/dev_2015/rcdev/build/external/BUILD/libxml2/build/libxml2_config.cmake:1 (execute_process):
>      Syntax error in cmake code at
>
>        C:/api/dev/dev_2015/rcdev/build/external/BUILD/libxml2/build/libxml2_config.cmake:2
>
>      when parsing string
>
>        prefix=C:\api\dev\dev_2015\rcdev\build\install

This is clearly Windows native syntax in a cmake script.  That's either
a bug in that package's cmake files, or a consequence of using the wrong
tool for the job.