Git shows nothing in cmd.exe

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Tue Nov 10 12:03:45 GMT 2020

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 at 10:35, KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to report an issue with git. The following command:
>
> $ git branch -a
> * master
>   remotes/origin/master
>
> works fine under Cygwin terminal, but it displays nothing under cmd.exe. We are using
>
> git version 2.21.0
>
> and
>
> CYGWIN_NT-10.0 XXX 3.1.4(0.340/5/3) 2020-02-19 08:49 x86_64 Cygwin
>
> The "set CYGWIN=disable_pcon" in the cmd.exe didn't help.

Can you please provide the output from running `where.exe git` in a
cmd.exe session, as well as the diagnostics requested in the problem
reporting guidelines below?

> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html

Given that, we'll be able to help work out what's going wrong for you.

For what it's worth, having just checked, running Cygwin Git from a
cmd.exe shell works as expected for me.

Adam