Failed assertion dialog box

William M. (Mike) Miller william.m.miller@gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 15:53:21 GMT 2020

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 10:26 AM Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin <
cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:12:11 -0500, William M. (Mike) Miller
> > On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 12:39 AM Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin <
> > cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 04:37:43 +0000, André Bleau via Cygwin

> Cygwin
> > > and I

> stderr
> > > and
> > > redirected to
> the
> > > tests

> > > behaves

> I can
> stderr
> > > and

> > > date).

> updated
> as
> and
> (Interestingly,
> > > if
> > > _not_

> > > It works fine for me.
> > > Can you check 'gcc -M assert.cpp' ?
> > > My result is:
> > >
> > > $ gcc -M assert.cpp
> > > assert.o: assert.cpp /usr/include/assert.h /usr/include/_ansi.h \
> > >  /usr/include/newlib.h /usr/include/_newlib_version.h \
> > >  /usr/include/sys/config.h /usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h \
> > >  /usr/include/sys/features.h /usr/include/cygwin/config.h
> > >

> > Mine is identical. (Same for "uname -a" output, which André posted
> above.)
> >
> > The fact that you and André don't get a dialog box gives me hope that
> > there's something in the environment or installation that controls that
> > behavior. (Just to make certain, "works find for me" means that you ran
> the
> > executable, redirecting both stdin and stderror, and did not get an error
> > popup, right?)
>
> Sorry, I tested on a very old machine (CYGWIN_NT-6.1),
> on which no error popup occurred.
>
> But on Windows 10 (CYGWIN_NT-10.0), it does not work on Windows 10,
> and brings an error popup.

Ah, that makes sense; I was previously doing this testing on an older
machine (now defunct, so I can't check versions) and didn't have this
issue. Thanks for the update.

--
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
william.m.miller@gmail.com