g++ and c++17 filesystem

Doug Henderson djndnbvg@gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:08:42 GMT 2020

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 13:50, Kristian Ivarsson via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> The only purpose CYGWIN have is to make/build posix-applications runnable on Windows and applications usually have user defined input, such as paths etc, and on Windows that input is usually Windows-native-paths unless you educate operators/users to enter paths with /cygdrive/...

<rant>
I use CYGWIN to work around a stupid design decision made by a small
time OS developer more than 40 years ago, and inherited by an OS that
did not even have directories in its first release.
</rant>

Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com