Please add ftnchek package

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Mon Nov 23 13:39:12 GMT 2020

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 at 13:02, robhickey wrote:
> Ftnchek is very useful for updating "dusty-deck" fortran codes
>
> Some links to streamline your consideration.

Hi Rob,

Are you proposing to maintain this package for Cygwin yourself? If so,
the process is covered at
https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html#submitting

If you're not proposing to maintain the package yourself then, as with
all open source projects, we have the issue that someone has to do it,
and clearly nobody thus far has been sufficiently motivated to do the
work themselves until now. Sometimes this sort of request will be
sufficient for a volunteer to step forwards, but the best way to get
something done is often to do it yourself…