Please add /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative to the default PATH

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Tue Nov 24 14:52:34 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 12:25 AM Thomas Wolff wrote:

> > and please note that SysNative appears nowhere!
>
> That's because Sysnative is not a known folder. It is rather unknown
> just because it is virtual :)
> And that is the problem I tried to address. In cygwin32, you can `cd
> $WINDIR/Sysnative` but you wouldn't see the folder. For tools like ls or
> find it simply does not exist, while obviously it exists somehow and can
> be used in PATH.

For the benefit of other readers regarding the Sysnative virtual directory:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winprog64/file-system-redirector

The other links on the Microsoft documentation page regarding WoW64
are also quite helpful.

Bill