Unix Domain Socket Limitation?

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 25 21:47:16 GMT 2020

In my recent tests, it appears as though it is not possible to
successfully connect via two Unix Domain sockets from one client
application to one server application.

Specifically, if I create a server which listens on a Unix Domain socket
and a client, which attempts to connect() twice, both seem to lock up.
This is not the behavior under Linux.

I will be happy to work up a minimal example if it is helpful in
tracking this down. I wanted to start by asking whether this is a known
limitation and/or if there is something about the Cygwin implementation
that makes this sort of thing very difficult.