Error compiling gengetopt

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Nov 26 17:47:59 GMT 2020

On 11/26/2020 12:25 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
> El 26/11/20 a les 17:31, Ken Brown ha escrit:
>> [Please don't top-post on this list.]
>>
>> On 11/26/2020 10:51 AM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I get the same error with the bash terminal and directory /usr/local/src
>>>
>>> libtool: link: (cd .libs/libgengetopt.lax/libgnu.a && ar x
>>> "/usr/lacal/src/gengetopt-2.23/src/../gl/.libs/libgnu.a")
>>>
>>> libtool: error: object name conflicts in archive:
>>> .libs/libgengetopt.lax/libgnu.a//usr/local/src/gengetopt-2.23/src/../gl/.libs/libgnu.a
>>

>> OK, my guess was wrong.
>>
>> I downloaded and built the package on my system without a problem, so
>> something specific to your setup is causing this.  Do you see anything
>> suspicious earlier in the build?  You might try capturing a log of the build
>> and sending it as an attachment to see if anyone here spots anything.  Also,
>> please follow the problem-reporting guide at https://cygwin.com/problems.html,
>> including the part about sending cygcheck output (as an attachment).
>>
>> Ken
>
> Hello,
>
> I can't see anything strange. I attach the file cygcheck.out (cygcheck -s -v -r
>  > cygcheck.out),
> and the file make.out (make > make.out 2>&1)

I think your PATH might be the problem.  I see several warnings like this in
cygcheck.out:

   Warning: C:\Windows\system32\bash.exe hides C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe

And I also saw this in the configure.log that you sent me privately:

   checking for tar... /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/tar

You need to be sure you're using Cygwin tools when building on Cygwin.  Note
that if you had been working in a Cygwin bash shell, /etc/profile would have
adjusted your profile appropriately.

Ken