missing dependency for git-email?

Jameson Nash vtjnash@gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 02:34:37 GMT 2020

I installed git-email, but once installed it says it's missing a required
dependency:

```
$ git send-email --dry-run
BUG: The 'Mail::Address' module is not here, but NO_PERL_CPAN_FALLBACKS was
set!

Git needs this Perl module from the CPAN, and will by default ship
with a copy of it. This Git was built with NO_PERL_CPAN_FALLBACKS,
meaning that whoever built it promised to provide this module.

You're seeing this error because they broke that promise, and we can't
load our fallback version, since we were asked not to install it.

If you're seeing this error and didn't package Git yourself the
package you're using is broken, or your system is broken. This error
won't appear if Git is built without NO_PERL_CPAN_FALLBACKS (instead
we'll use our fallback version of the module). at
/usr/share/perl5/Git/LoadCPAN.pm line 76.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/Git/LoadCPAN/Mail/Address.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-send-email line
37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-send-email
line 37.
```

This is provided by the `perl-MailTools` cygwin package.

Thanks!