Help with setting Cygwin's Emacs W32 TRAMP to WSL 1

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Fri Nov 27 18:12:02 GMT 2020

On 11/26/2020 3:38 PM, Oleksandr Gavenko via Cygwin wrote:

> I believe that X server under Windows is only to write cool blog posts, that
> we are able to run "xterm" ))

Not sure what you mean here.  I run Cygwin's X server and run xterm/bash windows and Emacs that way.
  I was just indicating that (provided DISPLAY=:0.0 is set, as you pointed out) WSL X apps play fine
with the Cygwin X server.

> Thanks god Cygwin is able to mount WSL's roots via P9 network file system.

Not sure what P9 is :-) ..

> PS. As you haven't CCed me I had to check GNUS + Gmane again. Haven't read
> news for 3 years, found out that Lars Ingebrigtsen fucked up with domain
> transfer.

??  When people post to Cygwin, I assume that are also subscribed and will get a response from
there, and don't need _two_ emails.  But I am sending this one both places.  I also have not read
net news in years - shouldn't be necessary if you're willing to receive Cygwin notes by email.

Cheers - Eliot