xterm tab key (temporarily) locks keyboard

Frank Eske fne.bugzilla@gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:45:32 GMT 2020

There may be some other key or key combination on the left side of the
keyboard that's doing this also. While the tab key can reproducibly cause
it, some other key combination might also.

Since my bash version is Jan 27, 2017 and none of my .bash scripts have
changed recently, xterm (Sep 20, 2020) seems like the most likely culprit.
I did create a .fonts file for experimentation which is just now removed.
(It's too early to tell whether that somehow created this problem.)