Objects in ACL cygwin win 10

Jim McNamara nefariousscheme@gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 22:41:33 GMT 2020

In more descriptive terms, an access control list is a list that determines
which system processes or users are granted access to an object as well as
what operations are permitted on the object.

I tried to refer to the object 'system '. There are other objects like
administrator, administrators, user, and everyone.

Sorry, I tried to initially save keystrokes because I was typing on a phone
keyboard.  Bad idea.

Just wondering, for home users,  that aren't using domains, with ACLs, what
type of objects are listed when you right click on a text file and choose
properties and security in the windows 10 file explorer from within your
cygwin install.

I ask partially because with ACL as context, I cannot find a good example
of 'system' object and what it is used for. I figure it must be either
complicated or the opposite which is well understood .

If you dont answer, I'm only frustrated with myself.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry Brian,

Thanks,
Roboloki