Unable to extract GMP version information from gmp_version :mingw

Sun Oct 25 05:17:40 GMT 2020

On 2020-10-24 22:44, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:
> I am experimenting with mingW64 with cygwin.
> My ./configure looks like this:
> $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATHC:/cygwin/lib
> $ ./configure --prefix=/home/user/cobol-3.1-rc1 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
> checking for gmp... nochecking for libgmp... nochecking gmp.h usability... yeschecking gmp.h presence... yeschecking for gmp.h... yeschecking for gmp.h... (cached) yeschecking if linking against libgmp with "-lgmp" works... yeschecking matching GMP version... configure: error: Unable to extract GMP version information from gmp_version
> I installed the gmp package for mingw64. I went in and installed libgmp mingW64 package and the headers for in devel section of the cygwin installer.
> I have the file libgmp.dll.a in c:/cygwin/lib
> Please let me know if there is anything i can do to get past this error.

Please figure out how to copy and paste including line terminators, or paste
into an editor and reformat before pasting into email.

You should normally be building in a directory e.g build, separate from that in
which configure resides e.g.

	$ mkdir build
	$ cd build
	$ ../src/configure ...

in which you should find config.log which should show all the details of all the
programs generated and run to check all the features required and all the
results from those runs.

I have found it useful if not necessary to install libgmp-devel with
mingw64-{x86_64,i686}-gmp, pkg-config with mingw64-{x86_64,i686}-pkg-config, and
similarly with other packages required for cross-builds.