update with apt-cyg ?

Ulli Horlacher framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Sep 6 23:00:10 GMT 2020

On Sun 2020-09-06 (16:27), Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2020-09-06 16:11, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
>
> > I need an UNIX-alike update shell script, without clicky-pointy.
> > Is this a correct way:
> > apt-cyg update-setup
> > apt-cyg update
> > apt-cyg dist-upgrade
> > ?
> > I have testet it that way and it LOOKS ok, but maybe I am missing
> > something?
>
> Whose fork of apt-cyg are you using?

Ooops... there are different versions (forks)?

I am using https://github.com/kou1okada/apt-cyg from
cygwin-portable-installer :

W10dev:~: apt-cyg --version
kou1okada/apt-cyg
forked from transcode-open/apt-cyg

> Please read those instructions carefully, or check the source.

2558 lines of bash script... :-}

> Most do not support upgrading packages as they cannot upgrade the core packages.
> Please look for articles about running the Cygwin Setup program unattended.

I have tried this first:

cygstart /setup-x86_64.exe --quiet-mode

But this does not upgrade my cygwin installation in my users windows home,
but does a new installation in c:\cygwin64

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK