rsync.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyglz4-1.dll

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Sep 7 13:57:54 GMT 2020

On 06/09/2020 22:51, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Sun 2020-09-06 (16:11), René Berber via Cygwin wrote:
>
>>> I have installed cygwin with cygwin-portable-installer (recommendation
>>> from this mailing-list). Everything seems fine, but when I run rsync I get:
>>>
>>> W10dev:~: rsync -h
>>> C:/Users/admin/cygwin/bin/rsync.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyglz4-1.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[...]
> Ok, this means: in the current cygwin distribution the rsync package is
> broken?!
> Where can I report this bug? Shall I at least?

Thanks for reporting this.

Jari,

I added 'liblz4_1 libzstd1 libssl1.1' to the requires: for
rsync-3.2.3+20200903+git9f9240b-2.

Please try to ensure they are correct in future.