postinstall: fontconfig abnormal exit

Fergus Daly fergusd84@outlook.com
Fri Sep 11 13:18:09 GMT 2020

>> Installing just base+fontconfig is not providing any error,
>> so it must be an interaction of fontconfig with some other package

The problematic package is texlive-connection-latex.
(There might be others too but this seemed the most likely from my own particular setup, and so it proved.)

setup -P texlive-connection-latex -mn
i.e. just Base + TeX + requirements induces
/etc/postinstall/fontconfig_dtd.sh (i.e. NOT .done)
and the error message.

(The "-mn" saves a lot of time, I think, by avoiding md5sum checks?)

Yes, I checked both of these variants.

However:
setup -P fontconfig -mn
THEN
setup -P {everything else} -mn
sees to everything properly (as far as I can tell).

This two-stage installation is definitely a hassle, but may be better than just renaming font..sh to font..sh.done, my alternative "fix".
Fergus