Setting up a proper modelling environment in Cygwin

Lawrence Bernardo loric.bernardo@gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:00:22 GMT 2020

Dear Eliot,

Thank you for your response. Indeed, after trying a number of different
combinations of component versions using the setup application, I found a
working set based on gcc/gfortran version 7.4.0. And I get what you mean
about Cygwin-specifc adjustments, as one of the codes I tried to compile
didn't succeed, and after a google search, found that it was mainly a
Cygwin issue. Thankfully, someone was already able to find a fix.

The cygwin time machine sounds interesting too, for the case of some really
old codes that might need to be dug up and reused. But thank you again for
your reply, it has been really helpful.

Best,
Lawrence