Remotely restart a windows machine

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Fri Sep 25 17:49:25 GMT 2020

On 9/25/2020 1:45 PM, Peter J. Krum via Cygwin wrote:
> Oh OK thanks didn't realize it was calling the windows commands....
>

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:28 AM Peter J. Krum <peterk2003@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The syntax of this command is:
>>
>> NET
>>      [ ACCOUNTS | COMPUTER | CONFIG | CONTINUE | FILE | GROUP | HELP |
>>        HELPMSG | LOCALGROUP | PAUSE | SESSION | SHARE | START |
>>        STATISTICS | STOP | TIME | USE | USER | VIEW ]
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 9:32 AM Peter J. Krum <peterk2003@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I used this command on ubuntu:
>>> net rpc shutdown -r -f -t 30  -I 123.123.123.123 -U user:pass
>>>
>>> What would be the equivalent in CYGWIN?

Just to make sure we understand each other ...

"net" on Linux is a Linux command used for managing Samba shares, etc.

"net" on Windows is a Windows program that comes with the OS.  If it's on the user's path under
Cygwin (normally it would tend to be, I believe), then typing "net" under Cygwin will invoke it.
But it's quite a different program from the Linux "net"!

Best wishes - EM