SSHD hangs and consumes processor at disconnect

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sat Apr 17 10:14:25 GMT 2021

Greetings, All!

Windows 10 20H2 64-bit
CYGWIN_NT-10.0 Daemon-EC 3.2.0(0.340/5/3) 2021-03-29 08:42 x86_64 Cygwin
OpenSSH_8.5p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1f  31 Mar 2020

This is a work laptop. I use it as second screen/VPN gateway.
To be able to debug applications running on the host, I use SSH connection
from my desktop. When I have to go on a trip, I just close the lid and take
the laptop with me.
Recently I noticed that it takes considerable amount of time to perform simple
operations. Examining running processes, I've found 3 stalled SSH connections
taking an entire CPU worth of resources and more, each.
I've checked the SSHD configuration, enabled CleintAlive packets, but it did
not changed the problem. The shell started by SSHD is still alive 15 minutes after
disconnect. ClientAlive is set to 6*15sec.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...