A problem with noacl+umask+chmod result

Orgad Shaneh orgads@gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 07:13:49 GMT 2021

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 8:11 PM Kaz Kylheku (Cygwin)
<743-406-3965@kylheku.com> wrote:

> On 2021-04-08 21:34, Orgad Shaneh via Cygwin wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 4:50 AM Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Greetings, Orgad Shaneh!

> >> The expectation is that you subscribe to the list of interest.
> >
> > Why? If I report a bug, I'm interested in this bug, and I don't want
> > to receive dozens of emails every day about other issues.
>
> Hi Orgad,
>
> The odd thing is that you're able to post at all.
>
> The Cygwin has an inconsistent configuration: it seems to allow
> posts from non-subscribers, yet it removes them from the Cc: line
> when remailing their posting.

Not sure about this. Some of the replies did include me in CC. If a user appears
in "From", any Reply to All should include the sender.

> > Every time you report a bug to a project on github/jira/whatever, you
> > subscribe to everything in this project?
>
> Without creating a github account, how do you do anything of that
> sort on github?

I don't mind registering to gain post access. My concern was about subscribing
to the mailing list, and getting many emails that are not related to my issues.

- Orgad