transplant uboot-tool(mkenvimage) to cygwin

Sun Dec 12 06:31:51 GMT 2021

On 2021-07-02 03:37, Lv, Liang (NSB - CN/Hangzhou) wrote:
> I find Cygwin don't support uboot-tool(mkenvimage) when I want to
> transplant the tool, which is used to make image for flash by
> python, from linux to windows.
> But when I compile the source of uboot-tool from github, there are
> many strange questions.
> What's the appropriate way to transplant the command to Cygwin?

It's a board and device support package which depends on board and
device specific features and files including kernels, device trees, root
file systems, and firmware in specific locations so can not be built in
the Cygwin POSIX environment without adaptation:

"The development of U-Boot is closely related to Linux: some parts of
the source code originate in the Linux source tree, we have some
header files in common, and special provision has been made to
support booting of Linux images."

You could look at using a Linux emulator like WSL or VM like VirtualBox.

You may wish to look at RTEMS and other OSes which use newlib (in common
with Cygwin) to develop similar systems.