libprocps8 and missing free, prockill, pkill, pgrep, pmap, procps, tload, top, uptime, vmstat, w, and watch

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 08:33:24 GMT 2021

On 21.12.2021 08:54, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 18:02, Ken Lobb  wrote:
>>
>> I'm probably missing something that needs to be configured, but I'm trying
>> to utilize uptime & vmstat and other performance/load utilities in Cygwin.
>> I installed the libprocps8 package, but none of these utilities can be
>> found.
>
> libprocps8 (https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Flibprocps8%2Flibprocps8-3.3.17-1&grep=libprocps8)
> contains only a DLL (as its name suggests).
>
> As Ken Brown wrote, you need
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fprocps-ng%2Fprocps-ng-3.3.17-1&grep=procps-ng

and cygcheck is your friend to find the proper package:

$ cygcheck -p usr/bin/pkill
Found 7 matches for usr/bin/pkill
procps-ng-debuginfo-3.3.15-1 - ...
procps-ng-3.3.15-1 - procps-ng: System and process monitoring utilities
procps-ng-3.3.16-1 - procps-ng: System and process monitoring utilities
procps-ng-3.3.17-1 - procps-ng: System and process monitoring utilities
procps-3.2.8-5 - procps: System and process monitoring utilities ..

PS: procps-ng replaced procps